John Hiatt AP article

A very good article about John Hiatt, one of my favorite relatively-unknown artists, appears today in the Associated Press. It's recommended reading:

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/news/wire/sns-ap-music-john-hiatt,0,3360077.story?coll=sns-ap-entertainment-headlines

The Hiatt quote that ends the article is a good one. Hiatt says:

"It's all good now. I don't have huge hit records. But by not going away and maintaining a steady pace I've built up a great following. We sell a couple hundred thousand records a pop. We can fill up 1,000- to 3,000-seaters pretty much anywhere. I make a good living, and I do what I love doing. What's not to love?"

It's good to know he is contented. Also, bear in mind that Hiatt is currently on an indie label (New West Records). If he were on a major, selling "a couple hundred thousand records a pop" would be no big deal. But on an indie? He's definitely a big fish in a small pond.

Rarebird's John Hiatt Reviews
http://rarebird9.net/hiatt.html

Comments